A Postcard from the 3rd Sunday of Easter 05/01/22
Day 15 of Easter.
Each year I spend Eastertide reminding folks that Easter is 50 days, and we need every single one of them. The Resurrection is so amazing, so life-changing, that it can’t be marked by a single day. So throughout this season, we get the stories of the post-Resurrection appearances of Jesus and stories from the early church in the Book of Acts.
These stories call us to explore what it means to live in a world marked by Resurrection. How do we respond to the outpouring of God’s abundant grace and love? How do we encounter the risen Jesus in our lives? And how do we invite others to experience Jesus?
One way we do that is by living in the spirit of joy and abundance and leaving behind fear and scarcity. We know in the light of the Resurrection there is plenty of room at God’s Table for all people.
So as a follower of Jesus, how is your life inviting others to experience resurrection?
A sermon for St. Barnabas, Roanoke:
Principal text: John 21:1-19
- May 8 – 4th Sunday of Easter – Church of the Messiah, Heflin
- May 14 – Revival at Birmingham Southern ft. Presiding Bishop Michael Curry
- May 15 – 5th Sunday of Easter – OFF
- May 22 – 6th Sunday of Easter – Church of the Messiah, Heflin
- May 29 – 7th Sunday of Easter – Holy Cross, Uniontown