A Postcard from Easter Sunday 04/17/22
So how will you share the joy of Easter?
Well, we made it. We did the hard work of Lent, and we made it to the joy of Easter.
I was blessed to celebrate Easter 3 times in 24 hours with 5 communities. My celebration began on Saturday night at St. Dunstan’s in Auburn with an Easter Vigil service, where Holy Trinity Auburn and Emmanuel Opelika joined us. Sunday morning started at St. Barnabas in Roanoke. I then journeyed up the road to the Church of the Messiah in Heflin.
In my travels, I saw a bunny (that surely was the Easter Bunny), cows, and a field of sheep and lambs. I could not think of a more fitting way to spend Easter than driving from place to place saying, “Alleluia! Christ is risen!”
So now what?
Easter is not just a day; it is a season. We have 50 more days of Easter to celebrate! You may want to mark these days by praying Stations of the Resurrection or continuing to make some special time for prayer.
But I hope you find ways to share Easter’s joy and testify to God’s work in your life. Say a prayer for someone. Invite someone to church. Keep your eyes and heart open to seeing the risen Jesus in the world around us.
Alleluia! Christ is risen! The Lord is risen indeed! Alleluia!
A sermon for the Church of the Messiah, Heflin:
Principal text: Luke 24:1-12
- April 24 – 2nd Sunday of Easter – OFF
- May 1 – 3rd Sunday of Easter – St. Barnabas, Roanoke
- May 8 – 4th Sunday of Easter – Church of the Messiah, Heflin
- May 14 – Revival at Birmingham Southern ft. Presiding Bishop Michael Curry
- May 15 – 5th Sunday of Easter – OFF
- May 22 – 6th Sunday of Easter – Church of the Messiah, Heflin
- May 29 – 7th Sunday of Easter – Holy Cross, Uniontown